Copyright & Intellectual Property Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. You may not use our digital properties, including the digital property you linked from, for any purpose or in any manner, nor upload, email, post, publish, distribute, transmit, submit or otherwise make available through our digital property or any content or material that infringes the copyrighted works or violates the intellectual property rights of any third party.
This policy is intended to implement the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. Section 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site at http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/) for reporting claims of copyright infringement.
It is our policy to respond to notices of any actual or alleged infringement that are reported to our Designated Copyright Agent (listed below) and that comply with the DMCA. Furthermore, it is our policy to terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers or who are repeatedly charged with infringement, in appropriate circumstances.
Notice of Infringement. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please send a notice of infringement to our Designated Copyright Agent that includes the following information:
All claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement on or regarding this site should be delivered to our Designated Copyright Agent at the address on file with the U.S. Copyright Office and by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity; if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at such site;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, with enough detail sufficient to permit us to locate such material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, including a name, address, telephone number and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Counter Notice. Once an appropriate notice of claimed infringement is received, we will follow the procedures provided in the DMCA, which set forth a notice and takedown procedure, subject to the alleged infringer’s right to submit a counter-notification claiming lawful use of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed. Please note that any such notices or counter notices received may be sent to our legal advisors.